Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I can definately relate to all of those excuses and then some!
I have only been running for serious since our family met in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. My mom, aunt, and I walked the half marathon while Jerry ran.
I decided that day (along with my husband), that next year's half we would be running!
So, since then I signed us up for a 5K (coming in March), and with a little help from my friend Hal Higdon have started to run.
Now, most of you would not have to train for a 5K. BUT, I do ok? So I am working my way up and feeling great.
Running (and marathoning in general), I feel has helped spur a whole new world of conversation within our family.
Don't get me wrong, I have always liked to work out but have generally needed a goal (like my wedding) to keep me motivated. Otherwise, that's when the old excuses started cropping up.
So now, with the 5K only weeks away I am trying to stay motivated.
I'll let you know how long this lasts. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment